Monday, December 17, 2018

December 17

Adam has been with Intel since we graduated from college. Although the company has been really good to our family over the years, I've always been a bit bummed by how few opportunities I've had to meet his co-workers. So naturally I was happy to be included in a holiday dinner tonight. (And yeah, I know I probably sound like I'm on crack for being happy about a work party.)

After I settled the kids in for the evening (and reminded Isaac and Brady that Abby was indeed in charge of them and that yes, they had to listen to her), I drove down to Santa Clara, picked Adam up at his office, and headed over to a lovely steakhouse. I had the chance to meet his boss and a handful of other people who work for him (and for people who work for him. The organizational structure is a little complex).

It may seem like a small thing, but it meant something to me to be able to see and talk to some of the people he deals with on a daily basis. So for that blessing --and the blessing of being included!-- I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment