Monday, December 24, 2018

December 24

After a pretty kick-back kind of morning, we drove up to Lafayette this afternoon to celebrate Christmas Eve with Adam's original immediate family. (I never know how to word that, but you know what I mean, right?) We opened presents and enjoyed a meal and talked. And we took this year's version of this photo. (I went back and forth on whether I wanted to use the regular version or the silly one, and though it was a tough decision, the regular won out in the end.)

I love photos and I love traditions, so it stands to reason that I'd double love a photo tradition. And I do indeed. There's just something so satisfying about seeing elements of both change and constancy over the passage of time encapsulated in a set of images.

So for tradition (and photos!) and family and friends who are like family, I'm grateful. Merry Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment