Friday, December 21, 2018

December 21

Tonight we hit the Chick Fil A drive thru and then drove around town checking out some of the more ornate Christmas light displays. The evening featured numerous lights-timed-to-music spectacles, an impromptu kid singalong to "Can't Stop the Feeling!" (which honestly, still puzzles me), and then our final stop of the night: Widmer World.

It's hardly a family tradition for us since we only started getting out of the car to walk around back a few years ago, but it's still quite the experience. And this year, unlike previous years, there was an impressive line to get in to see the display. The short people kept the wait interesting, with the boys huddling with Adam for warmth, and an exuberant "I survived my first finals" Abby with her arm thrown across my shoulders virtually belting tunes from "Les Mis."

Yep, they're all a little crazy at times, but I love every second of blessed, blissful nuttiness they add to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment