Tuesday, December 4, 2018

December 4

It's been a tumultuous couple of months for me. (Which is obvious since I've mentioned that truth more than once.) One point of tension has been my PTA role, so I was a little edgy heading into my board meeting tonight. I decided to take some pressure off by putting together very (and I mean very) simple holiday thank you gifts, which I distributed when we adjourned.

I don't know if there were undertones of holiday cheer coursing through our veins or what, but the mood was decidedly lighter than it's been in recent months. I left feeling good about the discussion and the months to come -- even after I spent a few minutes very candidly sharing how the year's events have affected me on a personal level.

It's been quite a while since I've had positive feelings about my role, so for that unexpected blessing, I'm thankful.

1 comment: