Tuesday, December 25, 2018

December 25

All in all, it was a good Christmas Day at the Wight house. The troops paraded into my room at 8 to tell me it was time to get up, and we all headed downstairs to raid stockings and open presents. Brady provided plenty of witty commentary, Abby drooled over a book about "Hamilton," and Isaac nailed his gift to me so completely that I teared up the moment I saw it. While we unwrapped, there was the traditional tree from Adam's mom, cinnamon rolls, and plenty of candy to go around. (And coffee with Peppermint Mocha creamer for me. Two cups. I wasn't messing around.)

As the hours bent toward afternoon, Adam and I took a walk around the Sports Park and soon after, we all headed over to the cemetery to leave a new Car-with-a-face on Logan's grave. Shortly before dinner (pot roast -- my usual Christmas entree), I Facetimed my family back in Maryland, which I hadn't done before. (Why? I have no idea.) It was great to see my brothers and my mom and my sister-in-law and my niece and nephew and my 96-year old grandma, who was amazed that she could actually talk to us face-to-face and see us over the phone. Then during dinner, we watched "The Grinch". And now, with Isaac and Brady in bed, Adam and Abby and I are settling in to watch "Ocean's Eight."

So yes. All in all, it was a good Christmas Day at the Wight house; one filled with the blessing of family. And for that, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment