Thursday, December 6, 2018

December 6

After a morning stroll, (half of) a meeting, cleaning out a fridge, last-minute event coordination efforts, swim lessons, play practice, long-distance interview facilitation, dance, and the grocery store, I'm pretty tired. (And I feel like I've earned the glass of wuss (read: fruity sparkling) wine I'm drinking right now.) I could probably point to a dozen different rewarding moments, but this was one of my faves.

As I plated dinner, Brady cuddled up in the corner of the couch with a good book in hand. As I approached with his portion, he read a passage aloud with great expression and I couldn't help but smile.

I love that he's a good reader. (He is. It's one of the compliments his teacher paid him during his conference last month.) And I'm super-duper blessed that he is a good reader because other than contributing some genes that are probably fairly academically inclined, I haven't done a lot to help him learn how to be one. So for the blessing of him being good at something in spite of my shortcomings, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment