Saturday, February 1, 2020

February 1

It's strange to wake up every morning and realize that I have a 15-year old. It's also strange to realize that my "baby" was born in 2010 -- nearly 10 years ago. Although I'm admittedly happy to be past the exhausting baby phase, I do love spending time with my friends who are still actively experiencing that part of life, so I was pleased to see this little lady this afternoon:

Happy, smiley Lily (who is already four months old), Kristine, and I took a turn around a park I'd never been to before (which is miraculous given that I've probably been to 100 parks over the past 15 years). Lily smiled that super-sweet grin at me (which totally melted my heart) before dozing off, and Kristine and I walked and talked and caught up on this big, challenging thing we call life.

It was time very well spent, and I am thankful to have had the moments with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment