Thursday, February 20, 2020

February 20

My friend Nancy texted me a few days ago to see if I wanted to have coffee and catch up this week, so that's what we did this morning. And we had such a great chat.

I met her at church a number of years ago; the first time I recall seeing her, we were both very pregnant --me with Isaac, her with her third child-- and I remember marveling over how she was so fit that only a side-view revealed her condition.

We don't talk particularly often, but she's been amazing when it comes to remembering Logan. She's marked every single one of his Home-going and birthdays with one sweet gesture or another; this year, it was a card, a little plant with his name on the pot, and some cookies. I've not always been the best at expressing my gratitude for all she's done, but I'm very grateful for her and for her continued kindness. People like her definitely make this world a much better place.

1 comment:

  1. Ah... sweet. Just doing a random Facebook login and found you. I love reading your Seeking God Winks. I thoroughly enjoyed our coffee and conversation. Let’s not wait until my whole head of hair is as dark as yours to do it again. 😉😉

    ReplyDelete