Saturday, February 15, 2020

February 15

Brady was just shy of 14 months old when Logan died, so aside from pictures, old videos, and our stories, he doesn't really "remember" his biggest brother. Despite that lack of personal connection, however, he definitely looks like him and sometimes acts so much like him that it takes my breath away.

When the boys opted to go to the park this afternoon to toss around a Nerf football, Brady was the first one out the door. After he put on his shoes, I glanced out the window and saw him bustin' a move on the sidewalk. I watched him wiggle and shake. And when I walked over to the door and he knew I was watching, he went into Full Entertainer mode complete with giggles, sassy lips, disco arms, and elastic hips.

Logan may not be here physically, but I'm always thankful when he "shows up" --as he has many times this past week-- and especially thankful when those glimpses are given via his siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment