Tuesday, February 25, 2020

February 25

The boys had baseball practice at the same location at (roughly) the same time tonight, so I dropped them off and then decided to take a walk to the local Mother Ship. (That's Starbucks for all you out there on the interwebs who don't know me just yet.) It was an absolutely gorgeous day outside; blue skies and temps in the mid-70s, so it was a very pleasant stroll and I spent the moments --literally-- just breathing.

And the experience made me realize something important: I don't really breathe enough. I mean, I breathe in and out and in and out and in and out all day long, every day, but I don't think I let myself live in those moments very often. I'm usually thinking about what's already happened or mulling what may come in the future, but when it comes to just being and hearing... I have a lot of work to do. So today, I'm thankful for that reminder to just... be.

No comments:

Post a Comment