Monday, February 24, 2020

February 24

I had a duh moment this evening that resulted in my arriving at Isaac's baseball practice 40 minutes too early. I sat in my car and surfed the internet for a few minutes, but the excitement of that pursuit was short-lived so I went in to watch. And I had a huge wow-moment.

The boys were taking turns hitting pitches delivered by one of the assistant coaches. And he was throwing pretty hard. I watched one kid flail at (and miss) a ball and then head over to the next net to practice bunting. And then Isaac came up, and I silently wondered if he'd be able to make contact. But he did, and he did so handily. Whack. Lined over the coach's head. I quietly marveled over how his swing has gotten even better than it was last year. And then a few minutes later, I smiled to myself again when he made a beeline behind the nets to help clean up after the coach asked them to pick up the balls. Not all of them were so eager to help.

Anyway, I smiled for that boy of mine. He works hard at perfecting his play and he pitches in to help out because he's truly a good teammate. I'm pleased that his effort is paying off for him and that he's still being a good person and doing the 'dirty work' when asked. As I've said before, it's a big blessing to see my short people happy and doing well. And it's a bigger blessing to watch them as they continue to grow toward becoming conscientious adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment