Sunday, February 23, 2020

February 23

I was walking into the sanctuary at church this morning when I thought I heard someone say my name. I whirled around and spotted this lovely, spunky lady heading my way.

Once upon a time, Jen and her kids lived across the street from us. She was a busy teacher so I didn't see much of her, but I was always pretty sure that had I needed her for something, she would've made herself available because that's the kind of person she is.

Anyway, she got married and moved to Texas seven (!) years ago so of course I definitely haven't seen much of her since then (aside from my occasional pop-ins to her Facebook page to see what's going on). But I know she keeps tabs on me online, because after she said hello, she hugged me and told me that she's proud of me. Of course I don't neeeed validation to exist, but it's really nice to get it now and then. So today I'm thankful for that encounter, and I'm thankful that she's continuing to be such a light in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment