Friday, February 7, 2020

February 7

Adam and I took another step toward finishing the sale of our townhouse this afternoon when we went downtown to the title company to sign paperwork. I had a few internal "wow" moments, especially as we approved the transfer of the deed to the property and as we looked over the preliminary numbers. I guess I'd call the feeling surreal.

Afterward, we crossed the street to get ice cream at the dairy -- orange and vanilla for him, chocolate and cherry for me. (And locals, the cherry was spot-on sweet and tangy! It's seasonal so if you like cherry, go get some!) We didn't call it celebratory ice cream, per se, but it felt like it to me as we walked down Main Street with our drippy cones. It's taken us a very (very) long time to finally sell a house, and it feels pretty good. So tonight, I'm thankful for hitch-less sales. (And hopeful that it will continue to be hitch-less until we formally close the deal.)

No comments:

Post a Comment