Thursday, June 11, 2020

June 11

The weather was quite lovely by the time the evening hours rolled about, so Adam decided to fire up the shave ice machine for dessert. Unfortunately, the ants found out where we were storing the syrups so we spent some time hosing off the bottles before we could indulge, which meant I stood over on the deck turning the water on and off (since that particular hose nozzle doesn't have an 'off' option. Yeah, weird).

And as I stood there, I looked out at the wonderfulness that is our backyard and at my family, and felt a great sense of thankfulness. No, this world is not perfect and yes, I've certainly faced numerous painful challenges over time. But this? This is a blessing, bar none, and we're supposed to give praise for the good things in our lives. So I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment