Sunday, June 21, 2020

June 21

One of the sneaky, ongoing repercussions of child loss is not knowing how a given holiday will strike you until the hour arrives, so going into today, I wasn't sure if it would be a good Father's Day for Adam or a not-as-good one. Fortunately, I think that it was more of a good one. (I hope it's been, at least.)

There was online church in the morning followed by our usual visit to the cemetery, where I gave my little wave to the sky and then headed back to the car so Adam could have some time on his own. Then he took the kids for a quick visit with his dad and they brought home Zachary's Pizza for dinner. From then there were presents and homemade cards, and a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake. A nice day. An easy day, I think.

Anyhow, one of his presents was the picture in the photo. He'd offhandedly mentioned last week that he was bummed that we had so few photos of all six of us, so I did some digging and (after determining that we do have very few full family pics and that it's extremely difficult to get a herd of Littles to a) smile and b) look in the same direction at the same time) I found this series. I'm not sure where we'll put it, but I'm glad we have it now because though Lambie is a great stand-in for his Boy, having Logan in pictures with us is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment