Thursday, June 4, 2020

June 4

Between textbook return and VBS worship team practice for Abby, a grocery store run, and the dentist for me and the boys (and that was an experience), it was something of a busy day. I didn't think to take any pictures, so when I went outside to take care of my little garden tonight, I snapped one of two of my bigger (but still little) tomato plants.

I don't love the 100 degree temps we've withstood this week, but I do love that my wee tomato plants love the heat. And I do love watching them grow and I do look forward to consuming the tomatoes they'll eventually (hopefully) produce. And that all serves as a salient reminder for me about life in general: Sometimes, in order to be able to enjoy those things we love, we must first put up with some "heat".

No comments:

Post a Comment