Wednesday, June 3, 2020

June 3

With temps already over 90 by mid-morning, Abby was first to ask if she could get in the pool today. Brady and Isaac had some kind of brou-haha over a video game so Brady was next in line to don his swimwear (and goggles. I have no idea why he likes to wear them so much but he does). They were both waiting out their prescribed "15 minutes after sunscreen application" period and I was taking a picture of Brady by himself when Abby appeared in the frame and got down next to him like this:

I have no clue what she was doing or why she was doing it but I love this photo. I love Brady's smile and I love that these two --who are rarely together-- are together. And I love that Abby looks so beautiful and grown-up and I love that (unlike me) she doesn't suffer from resting you-know-what face so she's actually capable of looking beautiful even when she's not smiling.

And then 20 minutes later, when they'd gone outside and Isaac had joined them in the pool, I loved standing in the dining room and watching them as they played together. With six-plus years between Abby and Brady, that doesn't happen all that often these days. So when it does, I am one thankful mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment