Wednesday, June 24, 2020

June 24

Isaac had baseball practice this afternoon. While stopped at a red light en route to the Sports Park, I turned to look at him in the back seat. He was busily tying the laces of his cleats and I mused (to myself) that I could remember when he couldn't tie his shoes at all. Then when we got to another red light, I turned again and snapped this pic before he could react.

I know it's common --and natural, I suppose-- to pine for the way things used to be; for what was. And to some degree, I do that, mostly when it comes to Logan because it's hard --torturous, at times-- to be denied the chance to see him grow up and become a man. The only way I can "see" him, so to speak, is to remember.

So today, I'm thankful that this kid, who's grown so, so much in the past year in multiple ways, is continuing to grow and change. And I'm thankful that Abby and Brady are, too. And Adam. And me. Because we're all getting a wee bit wiser with age. And wisdom is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment