Sunday, June 28, 2020

June 28

Instead of playing video games this afternoon, Isaac and Brady flexed their collective creativity muscles. First, they transformed an Amazon box into a racecar for their stuffed animals and zoomed them around the house. Then they made a pair of wings for BearBear and made him "fly".

Yup. Brady stood by the overlook on the second floor and gleefully tossed him to Isaac in the family room below. A year ago --before all of this crazy set in-- I probably would've told them to stop because throwing toys over the banister is just a no-no, but today... nope. I just watched my boys giggle as BearBear rocketed toward the ground.

So today, I'm thankful for that little change I saw in myself in that moment: the ability to just relax and see little harmless things as what they are -- little harmless things.

No comments:

Post a Comment