Friday, August 13, 2021

August 13

I was ferrying the kiddos home from school this afternoon when Isaac asked if he could roll his window down. I don't usually like having the rear windows open when I'm driving because the rushing wind behind me tends to have an unpleasant impact on my inner ear, but this time I said okay and rolled it down myself.

When I glanced back a few seconds later, he was positioned like this: face inclined toward the window, eyes closed. He looked completely relaxed. (And as I slowed to a stop at a red light, I awkwardly snapped this pic without looking.)

I so love that he can enjoy something as simple as the feel of the breeze on his face; the way it gently tickles his eyelashes and ruffles his hair. In a world filled with distractions, it's a blessing to see him focus on something so wonderfully simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment