Monday, August 30, 2021

August 30

After three-plus very long years, this girl finally had her braces removed this morning.

I waited in the car (because of COVID) while she went inside. When she emerged about 40 minutes later, she plunked down in the passenger seat, and with just a little cajoling, she flashed her brand new, wire-free smile. And the sight made me smile.

Sure, it's always a big deal when braces are removed, but it was an extra big deal because the process dragged on and on (and on) for my girl. She remained (mostly) patient as COVID restrictions and then stubborn, slow-moving teeth pushed the removal date further and further into the future. I'm proud of her for persevering through those disappointments, and
I am grateful for that lovely new grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment