Wednesday, August 25, 2021

August 25

I know that some day soon, I'll miss moments like this so today I'm deliberately appreciating this one.

After dinner, Abby went outside to do laps around the pool and I followed her (since she so enjoys our rounds of Pursuit). A few minutes later, Brady came outside and attempted to wreak havoc as he sometimes does. (This time, his approaches included chasing Abby, blocking her path, and shooting a water gun in close proximity to her feet. She was not amused.)

Perhaps sensing his sister's agitation, Isaac appeared a little later and engaged Brady in chicanery. He took little bro on a few piggyback laps around the pool and then retrieved his dogs and phone from the deck before heading back inside.

I appreciated Isaac's strategic interference and I appreciated seeing them have fun together. These moments are a treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment