Monday, August 16, 2021

August 16

I finished this little lovely today, and in a few days it'll be off to its new home.

I had a specific person in mind when I started it, and I prayed for that person intermittently as I worked. (I say "intermittently" because I'm being real here: I get distracted. I watch episodes of SVU and chit-chit with my kids and sing along with music as I stitch, too. But prayer is most definitely part of the process. An important part.)

I love that this has become something of a mini ministry for me. I'm thankful that I decided to learn to crochet last year and that God gave me the grace to stick with it when I wanted to throw the hook across the room. If me doing this makes a single person's day a little brighter, then I consider the time and money invested in the effort well-spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment