Saturday, August 28, 2021

August 28

I love growing food and always have. We had huge gardens when I was growing up so I love the feel and smell of dirt and get great satisfaction from plucking my seed-grown bell peppers, beans, peas, and tomatoes.

This year, I added a newbie to my repertoire: lima beans.

I don't know a lot of people (except maybe Adam's dad and now Isaac) who like them, but I have very fond childhood memories of eating home-grown lima beans during dinners in my grandparents' kitchen nook. They were always warm and fork-tender and buttery and just so delicious that I could easily have eaten the entire bowl of them all by myself.

So anyway, today I'm grateful that my five little lima bean plants were productive and that I was able to introduce my primary veggie eater (Mr. Isaac) to them. And for the shot of joyful nostalgia that popping them from their pods provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment