Thursday, August 5, 2021

August 5

It felt like a victory when, after dinner this evening, I told the kids that I wanted them to try on their clothes and then clear out the items that no longer fit and they actually went upstairs to DO it.

When Adam and I got home from an evening stroll a little later, Isaac was waiting for us, wearing all 26 of his shirts. At the same time.

Why? Because he took my words literally and tried on ALL of his clothes. (The shirts, at least. I'm guessing the pants were a bigger challenge than he could handle.)

He was so pleased with himself that I couldn't help but smile at the enthusiasm. And, well, it was pretty darn funny that he could wear *26* shirts at once and still look relatively thin.

Anyway, that's my kid for you. And that unabashed goofiness is a blessing.

1 comment: