Monday, August 23, 2021

August 23

Sometimes I just do things and hope that God will bless my efforts. I don't usually get urgent "do this right now" messages, but I do get feelings at times that I should do... well, something. (And sometimes I have no idea what that something is, so I feel my way around until I come up with something that seems to convey the needed message or words of encouragement.) Anyway, that was why I made the purple blanket I posted about a week ago.

Today said-item arrived at its destination and the recipient --who is slowly watching her beloved sister mentally deteriorate over time-- texted me a thank you. And she also included the detail to the left.

What she didn't know is how I hemmed and hawed over the color I should use. I initially began with a vibrant peach color --because no matter what, I've always associated this person with bright colors because her spirit is so vivid-- but after a few rows, it just didn't feel right. So I went back to my yarn closet (well, one of them) to take a look. And when I saw that purple, I immediately thought "yes, that's the one. That's the color for her." And then I got to work and never looked back or second-guessed the choice.

I had no idea that it was her sister's favorite color. No clue. I feel so honored that God used me to create something that my friend will be able to look at and use in her sister's memory in the years to come. It's such a gift to me, and I am thankful.

1 comment: