Saturday, January 1, 2022

January 1

I'm not much of a resolution-maker, mostly because I don't think January 1st is the only time to decide to work toward being a better human being. I like to think that I'm doing that every single day, regardless of my circumstances or feelings or natural (read: oft selfish) inclinations. Just a thought I'm entertaining as we get settled into the new year.

We didn't have any plans so we didn't do a lot on this first day of 2022; just a quick mid-afternoon run to the nearby Mothership, dinner with my dad at a Mexican restaurant (and man alive, was there some dense fog during the drive! Reminded me of the times I drove home from dance as a teenager unable to see more than five feet in front of me), and then a rousing game of Class Struggle when we returned to the house after dinner. 

And now, I will do as I'm wont to do when I'm home and crochet as the others continue to play on the floor in front of me. I've been working on a blanket during my time on the east coast, and it's coming along nicely, stitch by stitch, row by row. Kind of like life -- stitch by stitch, row by row, it grows and takes shape according to God's design.

No comments:

Post a Comment