Monday, July 11, 2022

July 11

I started to say that it was a busy Monday, but that's not really true. I guess I'd call it eventful in a good way.

The first event was sending Isaac off to sleepaway camp for the week. We all got up to give him hugs and say I-love-yous and have-funs before Adam took him to the drop-off site. He's attending a Young Life camp in Northern California and he didn't know anyone else who was going, so my prayer is that he has a good time and makes some new friends while he takes part in swimming, tacky prom night, and the like.

The second event was a twofer: Lunch and pedicures with Jen, who I hadn't seen in a year! She lives right here in town but is constantly busy, so I was really surprised and happy when she texted me this morning to see if I was available. It was fantastic to catch up with her. (And to know that because of my influence, she's now walking around Pleasanton and the surrounding areas with tiny watermelons painted on her big toes. Mine? Sparkly dark burgundy. No fruit.)

So today I'm thankful for Isaac's bravery (because I never wouldn't gone to camp alone!) and for time with a friend. They're both lovely blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment