Friday, July 29, 2022

July 29

After the busy-ness of the past week, today was blessedly quiet, as Adam, Abby, and Isaac watched Star Wars and Brady had a playdate at his friend Liam's house while I mostly chilled and indulged the introverted part of my personality.

But my favorite part of the day was a late-morning walk around the neighborhood with this guy. There was nothing unusual about it -- just one of the many, many walks we've enjoyed over the past 25 years. But it was special nonetheless, because it was just us and we had the chance to talk a bit without distraction.

Marriage isn't always easy because it can be challenging to merge views and find common ground at times, but I think it's probably always good. And for that truth and reality, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment