Sunday, July 24, 2022

July 24

'Twas a busy, busy Sunday. But before I'll get to it, a quick but important shout-out: my oldest nephew --the one who made me an aunt for the first time-- turned 18 today. Happy birthday, Brendan! Welcome to adulthood! The (larger) California branch of the fam wishes you a great new year and lots of fun at UMBC this fall.

Meanwhile at the Wight House... Brady played in his third game of the weekend this afternoon, against the team that beat them in a championship game a week and a half ago. This time, Pleasanton got the upper hand and walked away with a 14-6 win. For his part, Brady made a pretty great running catch while playing center field late in the game. Good defense is always a good thing!

From there, we (meaning me, Isaac, Brady, and my mom, since Abby and Adam left a bit earlier) headed north to attend Adam's grandmother's 95th birthday party. (She's the lady wearing white in the center of the pic.) It's always fun to get together with Adam's extended family, and although many were missing from the affair (believe it or not, given the herd pictured here), it was such a blessing to be able to see and interact with so many of them after the long, COVID-driven separation. And my mom even played a role here: she was the one who blessed us by taking the group photo. 

So for family and fun and chances to catch up and reconnect and for the opportunity to watch my own 'big boys' playing so well with the little ones, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment