Thursday, July 7, 2022

July 7

I was driving back from the grocery store this evening when I saw Terry walking her puppy on the sidewalk. So I pulled over to say hi and to introduce myself to said-dog, since we'd never met.

I've mentioned her in passing a few times before, but I met Terry at the Mother Ship a number of months ago. From my perch in the corner, I'd see her come in, snag a venti cup and sometimes a bag from the counter, and then head out. 

She comes across as confident and self-assured and has a million earrings (okay, so maybe like nine?) so I was a little intimidated at first, but one day I decided to say hi, and we've been chit-chatting ever since. We've connected over a number of shared experiences including a proclivity for stitching and coping with cancer. Even our birthdays are just two days apart.

We certainly have our differences as well, but I so appreciate how easy it is to talk with her. She's kind and funny and not afraid to tell it like she sees it but she's also amazingly graceful and non-judgmental when we disagree. It's all so refreshing.

I am so grateful to God for giving me the courage to reach out, and I'm thankful for our budding friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment