Friday, July 15, 2022

July 15

Isaac came home from camp this evening. We met him at the bus at Granada High School and drove over to Coldstone, where he regaled us with tales from his week away over frosty scoops of Peeps and cotton candy and coffee.

In short, he was the only kid from his school there. And as it turned out, he was also the only kid from our entire town. But despite those truths, he had a good time. And he wants to go again next year. 

I love how this kiddo is so open to being with people he doesn't know. In fact, I've had several conversations with him in the past about inviting a buddy to go along while he tries something new, and his response has always been "I can go by myself; I'll just make new friends while I'm here." And it's not just talk -- he means it.

I love that fearlessness. Actually, I love that even though I know he's a little afraid (because he is), he does it anyway: he walks forward even amid uncertainty. He keeps steppin'. I can learn from that (because Heaven knows I've avoided doing things because I didn't want to go alone). And you probably can, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment