Wednesday, July 27, 2022

July 27

It was another busy day at the Wight house. 

Abby, my mom, and I kicked things off by venturing to the Mother Ship for morning libations (because coffee). After a brief stop back at home, we all loaded into Adam's car to drive mom to the airport (but not before I snapped a farewell pic on our very sloped driveway to completely confuse myself in the future regarding the question of who was taller than whom during this visit).  

The afternoon featured a solo trip to the grocery store and then my usual prayer time in my closet, during which I promptly fell asleep (as usual).

In the evening the boys and I went to Dublin to watch Brady's team play in the semifinals of their current tournament. My muffin had a fantastic game: he had some solid defensive plays, and went 3 for 3 with two legitimate (read: crushed) doubles, a single, and 3 RBI. They wound up winning 7-0, which means they'll play for the championship tomorrow evening. Phew.

So, to sum it up... it was a blessing to have my mom here for two weeks and I hope she enjoyed the time. It was a blessing to see my boy play so well and to see this team gelling together as well as they have in recent days. And it was --and always is-- a blessing to know the comfort of Jesus -- which is so comforting and peace-inducing that it literally lulls me to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment