Sunday, July 3, 2022

July 3

The Spartans/Rays NCS season came to an end today. That means that this guy right here has played in his last official game as a member of the team of which he was a founding member. (I say "official" because I'm sure he'll play with them again in the future when he can.)

I snapped this pic of Isaac during the 15-minute break between games, as we were congratulating him on an especially heads up play that involved him quickly gunning the ball from second base to the catcher to get a runner out at home. The diamond, the layer of dirt on his uniform (collected during a pair of head-first slides), the smile. Definitely the smile.

I've said it before, but being part of the Spartans has been such a blessing to this kiddo. And to us, because seeing him happily immersed in his element... that's joy for me as his mom.

(PS -- it was in the low 60s and windy in Concord this morning. Sweatshirts, hats, and blankets in July.)

No comments:

Post a Comment