Tuesday, July 12, 2022

July 12

Brady hit his first homerun during his team's game against Dublin tonight (which, for the record, they won).

There wasn't a fence, but he got ahold of a pitch in the way I'm sure he's always dreamed of getting ahold of a pitch and sent it well over the head of the right fielder, whose only course of action was to turn tail and run after the ball.

So Brady ran. He passed first and rounded second. He definitely looked tired as he continued on toward third and actually came to a near stop there, but his coach yelled at him to run home, so he did. And he beat the throw. And the incredulous delight on his face as he crossed the plate was amazing.

I didn't capture the gleeful, dugout-clearing celebration that followed after he scored, but the memory of his wow-did-I-really-do-that? smile will stick with me for a long while. And for that dose of joy, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment