Sunday, October 2, 2022

October 2

It was such a blessed Sunday that I have to use two pics. 

It began with church, where I had the honor of helping to serve communion alongside Paul, who has served as our transitional pastor for the past 18ish months. (He's the guy in the purple shirt.) A little later, the congregation voted to approve hiring Mary (in the white) as Pastor Next (as we've been calling our theoretical next pastor) by a near-unanimous vote. I am so excited to see how God uses Mary at our church and I am so thankful that He sent her our way.

From there, Brady and I hightailed it up to Concord for Isaac's noon game, and made it there in time for the first pitch (partly because they didn't have an umpire so the start time was delayed). Brady and I didn't stay the entire time because we had to get to his game a few exits down the freeway, but the Rays gave their opponents 22-5 beating, and for his part, Isaac went 3 for 3 with a walk. 

Brady's game played out in similar fashion, as he and his team won by a score of 17-7. My muffin went 4 for 4 (and saw a whopping total of five pitches to collect those hits), pitched the last inning, and came away with the game ball.

And --and this is important-- it's my girl Gretchen's birthday! We first met way back in first grade, and though we were out of touch for a number of years in the middle there, I'm so blessed to have her as a friend. She's kind-hearted and sweet and strong and super introverted so she'll cringe when she sees this but I don't care because everyone should know what an exceptional human she is. Happy birthday, girlie!

Given how often things seem to go wrong in this world, it's such a blessing when so many things go the way I'd like them to go in the same day. So I am grateful for today, and hopeful that I'll look back on this day during the ones to come that lack its luster.

No comments:

Post a Comment