Monday, October 24, 2022

October 24

This ballot was in today's mail. At first I didn't think much of it since Adam and I always vote by mail, and then I looked a little closer and realized that it's Abby's ballot. 

Her first ballot.

She turns 18 next week but somehow the truth that her birthday falls before election day had eluded me until I saw that envelope. And then I was like... wow.

My girl is going to be an adult next week.

She'll be able to vote and help make community and policy decisions. She'll be able to sign her own permission forms and make her own decisions about, well, just about anything. I hope she'll still ask for advice and guidance when she needs it, of course, but she'll be an actual adult. It blows my mind.

I'm not entirely sure how we got here, but here we are. And I am so grateful that God has transformed (and continues to transform) this near-adult child of mine into such an amazing young lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment