Sunday, October 30, 2022

October 30

Phase two of my time here in Chicagoland began today as the male folk boarded a plane to head home.

But first, we met Abby outside the dining hall on campus so we could all have one more meal together. Isaac and Brady consumed a shocking number of red Jell-o cubes and Abby's pal Laura showed up, made her half a waffle, and then disappeared again. (As an aside, Abby gave me a piece of said-waffle. She told me that Laura is so good at making waffles that a waffle would be her Cutie Mark if she were a My Little Pony. And I can now confirm she was right because yum, that was a good bite of waffle.)

Then Abby and I drove the boys to Midway Airport and set off for an afternoon of shopping (which was mostly me gasping over how many Cars-with-faces they had in Target and buying Abby sweatshirts so she doesn't freeze when the temps dip). Following a pit stop at Culver's for some pretzel bites, we did a little more retail therapy and then I dropped her off at her dorm. With said-pretzel bites and cheesy sauce in mind, I hit the fitness room at the hotel for some treadmill action, and now I'm back in my room click-clacking on my keyboard, switching between this entry and our currently lively family group chat. (Which is lively because the boys have safely arrived back in California.)

It was a good day, and I am thankful to God for that goodness. I'm not entirely sure what I'll do tomorrow since Abby has class much of the day, but whatever it is... it'll be good, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment