Sunday, October 23, 2022

October 23

Brady got restless during Isaac's game this afternoon, so after asking permission, he slipped out of his cleats and did a few laps around the track. After he finished, he retrieved a lost ball for the younger brother of one of the other team's players, and a new friendship was forged.

At one point when I glanced over, he and his tiny friend --who couldn't be more than two or maybe a very young three-- were weaving through the "tunnels" (for lack of a better term) under the football stands. 

A little later, I watched as they mounted the bleachers and Brady protectively eyed the wee one as he skittered from one end to the other. And then as the game drew to a close, I spied them walking together to return a lost ball to our dugout.

It was sweet to see my littlest kiddo give the big brother treatment to another child. Caretaking is an important part of this life, so I'm grateful that he was up to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment