Monday, August 14, 2023

August 14

Isaac and Brady started school last week --sophomore year for the former, seventh grade for the latter-- but since I was in Chicago, today was my first day driving the mom-bus.

Given that last year at this time I was mired in trying to deal with all three kiddos being at new schools and all of the associated schedule changes, this year feels like the proverbial piece of cake. The same schools, the same bell schedules, and the same pick-up/drop-off routine. Phew.

There were, of course, a few changes. When I got up, I was surprised (shocked really) to find that Isaac was already awake and dressed. (Last year I had to drag him out of bed every day while singing the 'time to get up' song I made up just for him.) But the framework of the day was the same.

So for those changes that signal growing maturity (like Isaac's early preparation) and for the blessing of familiarity, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment