Thursday, August 31, 2023

August 31

I was sitting in the car with the windows rolled down this afternoon, waiting on the end-of-day bell to ring at Brady's school while working on a fall-inspired project, when a gentle breeze rustled my hair just the tiniest bit.

I paused my work, looked up at the hills in the distance, closed my eyes, and just sat in the moment. Enjoyed the breeze. Took a nice, long breath.

Now the breath itself could've been more pleasant; smoke from distant wildfires has made the atmosphere pretty hazy for the last few days. But the intent to enjoy was there, so a deep sense of satisfaction and gratitude followed.

It was a terrific reminder to me that gratitude is warranted at all times -- not just when things are going my way and not only when the skies overhead are perfectly clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment