Saturday, August 26, 2023

August 26

I'd always heard the rumors that teenage boys eat a lot, and I can now confirm with 100 percent certainty that the claim is valid. 

While Brady devours Cheerios and other cereals by the handful, Isaac's current munchie-of-choice is scrambled eggs (and as I write this, I can hear the words of "Green Eggs and Ham" echoing in the halls of my mind). He frequently makes them in the morning before school, but he craves them, at less logical times. One day last week, for example, his hankering for protein drove him to cook up a panful at 10pm. And this photo was taken at 2:30 this afternoon, a few hours after lunch and a few before dinner.

Anyway, I have no great observation to share, other than my go-to "I'm thankful that he's still growing and thriving." Because I am. And I'm grateful that he's getting his protein, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment