Thursday, August 17, 2023

August 17

Today Adam and I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary. As Abby reflected last week, our marriage is now old enough to drink.

Although he had work and I had the usual mom-taxi responsibilities in play, we observed the occasion this evening at Haps, where we consumed way too much food (including the delicious peach crisp and anniversary candle-adorned brownie sundae pictured) and talked about what was, is, and might be. 

I'm not sure that either of us had any grand reflections to share (beyond his "I'm still glad you said yes" and my "it's simultaneously unbelievable that it's already been more than two decades and unbelievable that it hasn't been much longer than two decades") but I will say this: marriage is a beautiful thing. It really is. It's not easy, but it's worth the effort, especially if you're blessed with a dedicated, devoted, caring, and loving partner like mine.

Happy Anniversary, hunny! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment