Wednesday, August 2, 2023

August 2

Last week I decided that it would be fun to take some pics with the kids before Abby heads back to Wheaton. We hadn't done it in a few years, and they change so fast these days that I wanted to capture who they are right now. But rather than having them wear the requisite "nice clothes", I told them to wear an outfit and bring props that are representative of who they are. No limits. And I told myself that no matter what they were wearing when they emerged from their rooms, I wasn't going to send them back upstairs to change.

And personally, I think they nailed it (albeit with a little help from me for the brositos). Abby wore a dress that she designed and made earlier this summer and selected her Minnie Mouse ears from our trip to Disneyland last year and a wee little action figure as her props. Brady donned a short-sleeved Pokemon sleep onesie that honors his love of video games and brought along both a Ravens beanie --since he's my little Baltimore sports fan and since he always wears a beanie during the winter months-- and his all-stars baseball cap, as well as BearBear, Chub, and a baseball bat. (Yep, he had a lot of stuff.) Isaac wore his baseball pants, belt, and socks from his Babe Ruth team along with a nice polo style shirt (since he likes to dress up). And he tucked his smallest stuffed dog --SlimeBall-- into his front pocket. (You can see him peeking out.) He also brought a baseball and his glove. And of course Lambie was there, too. He'll always be one of them.

I got in on a few images, too, but I'm using this one because it shows The Squad standing together as the little unit they are. It shows how tall they are (Brady's catching up) and how they opted to represent themselves for the camera. And how they can come together. And I love it. 

So for them and for their willingness to play along with my half-nutty idea, I'm grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment