Sunday, January 14, 2024

January 14

I know I used a sky shot a few days ago, but I have another one today.

I had joint Session (Elders' board) and financial committee meeting at church this afternoon. And going in, I wasn't thrilled about the prospect of spending two hours of my Sunday talking about church finances. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but my attitude could've been much better.

I recognized the hardness of my own heart, so before I went in, I prayed for a productive meeting of the minds. And of course, that's just how it panned out. I took in some really great feedback from a few people and feel like I better understand where we are and where we need to be (although I'm not sure how to get there. Yet). 

And then as I drove up the hill toward home (where I caught the second half of the very satisfying shellacking of the Dallas Cowboys in an NFC playoff game), a strikingly beautiful sky spread out before me. And it felt like grace. Despite my poor attitude --which by human standards "deserved" dingy rainclouds against a dingier dull gray backdrop-- God still let me see this view, because that's what He does: He gives me better than I deserve. That's grace. And I am grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment