Monday, January 8, 2024

January 8

It was a quiet day at the Wight house. And that quiet day transformed into an equally quiet evening that's featured a screening of the College Football National Championship Game and Chick-fil-A in front of the TV.

We're all settled beneath our own respective blankets, too, which provide a measure of warmth on what's turned out to be a rather chilly night. (Sorry, Abby. I know 47 degrees doesn't compare to the tundra that is Wheaton at the moment.)

I looked over at Brady a few minutes ago. He's huddled underneath a giant granny square afghan that I made a few years ago. And the sight made me smile. Not only is he my cutie baby, but I love it when my people use the things that I've made for them. It makes me feel accomplished. So for that feeling and for blankets when it's cold and for this youngest kiddo of mine, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment