Monday, January 22, 2024

January 22

I stood in front of the bathroom mirror for a minute this morning, silently mulling the sad truth that I haven't made a concerted effort to pray very often of late. And then I released a reticent sigh and got on with my day.

And then this afternoon, as Brady and I waited in the car for Isaac after school, I suddenly tuned in to the words of this song as it played on the radio. I hadn't heard it before, but the lyrics were striking. And I recalled my morning revelation.

And I was instantly convicted that I need to get back into my prayer routine. 

Praying for something doesn't guarantee an outcome that I'll like or want, but it does make me more accepting of whatever does happen because it brings me closer to God. And for that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment