Saturday, January 6, 2024

January 6

Tomorrow morning we'll take Abby to the airport so she can wing her way back to Wheaton for the Spring semester. 

It's been really nice having her home for the past three-plus weeks and I'll be sad when she's gone again, so we did fun things today: we watched two movies (Logan in the early afternoon and Super Mario Bros. tonight), played a round of Farkle, and went to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory.

My girl is something of a homebody so she's not entirely thrilled to be heading back to Chicago, but I'm excited for her to get back to her friends and to her room that's all her own. And I'm excited to see her continue to grow and become more independent. She's an exceptional human. And I am so blessed to call her my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment