Friday, October 11, 2013

October 11

Today was long. Very, very long. It encompassed a lot of fighting and a lot of travel time as we made our way to Florida for tomorrow's Team Logan Bake Sale. I spent a lot of time time feeling, to be completely blunt, like I suck.

And then Isaac wrote this on the second leg of our trip, somewhere between Houston and Orlando:

It may or may not be legible depending on how much experience you have with kindergarten writing translation, but I know precisely what it says because he told me what he wanted to say and I spelled it out.

They're just words, but they're also validation that maybe I don't suck after all. (Or at least not as much as I think.)

Little kids and their innocent honesty are huge blessings, if you take the time to actually hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment