Sunday, October 20, 2013

October 19

Adam's cousin Amanda got married this evening. I love a good wedding, and fortunately for me, the Wight family takes their weddings very seriously.

I enjoyed watching Brady count and re-count the stamp-shaped magnets that served as party favors. I loved hearing the pride in Abby's voice when she told me that her Gramps --Adam's granddad-- said that talking with her was a highlight of his day. I was near-awestruck by the stunning, enormous orange moon that hung over the sky during cocktail hour. But to be honest, the moment that I loved the most of all came from Mr. Isaac.

That boy of mine was a complete maniac on the dance floor. He loves to bust a move and doesn't care what anyone thinks. And the way he moves makes me think of Logan. Both have the same gift of being able to create bizarre --and sometimes beautiful-- images with their bodies. It's startling to watch Isaac dance and humbling to see how he does it with such reckless abandon.

Anyway, at one point, he left the dance floor and walked (or more accurately, boogied) up to me. Breathlessly, he asked a question that tickled my funny bone and my heart at once: mom, can you go out to the car and get my tap shoes? He wanted to up the ante big time! After he shimmied off to get some water, I laughed so hard. It'd been a long while since I'd had a good, genuine giggle. And I so needed one.

Of course, I didn't retrieve his tap shoes. But I so love that he asked. I love that he wanted to go big.

Because I think God wants all of us to shed our inhibitions and go big before we go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment